Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Encouragement.

Ok, has it really been two months since I posted?! Crazy, I tell ya!!

Tonight I want to talk about my lazy day. My lazy day consisted of going to work, coming home and making dinner, straightening the house and my room, cleaning the upstairs floors, and a mile walk. Oh, and watching some TV. : )

I LOVE that this feels like a lazy day to me!! I cannot tell you how amazing it feels to not only have the desire for a hard work out, but to also have the ability to complete a truly strenuous workout. Even a month ago, I would have told you that you were crazy if you would have told me that I would feel like this anytime in the near future. I was not a person that worked out on a regular basis. I was a person who would work out semi -faithfully for a week or two, and then quit. I didn't have time, or energy. But I am living proof: You have time and energy for what you make time for. The energy will come, the more you exercise, the more you will have (because the HEALTHIER you will be!!).

How did I get this way? What changed? I don't really know. I think I realized that I was serious about losing some weight, and the only way to do that is to exercise, and to do it on a more than semi-regular basis. Whenever I was debating on going downstairs and turning on Jillian, I told myself that I was done with weighing more than I want to, and if I want to change that, I have to get up and work out. So, I started working out almost every day.

And then, my friend Wheelian mentioned she was going jogging one day, and I invited myself along. HAHA. She was SO gracious and patient with me! You see, Wheelian is a jogging machine. She jogs alot, and has been jogging for a long time. I, however, have not. I thought that I would jog with her for a few minutes, and then meet back up with her later. That was not the case. She stayed by my side, and gave me tips and encouragement, and quite frankly, wouldn't let me stop jogging until we went over a mile. I had never, ever jogged a mile in my life. It was always walk-jog-walk-jog. I didn't think I was physically able. But with the help of a great friend, I pushed through all of the pain and panting and feeling like I was gonna fall over at any given moment. I did it. I really, really did it. And then, a few days later, I jogged for over TWO miles straight!! NO JOKE!!! Who knew I, the one who always hated running, could actually be able to jog that long!!

The moral of the story is this: I now know that I am capable of doing much more than I think I am. I have to push through the pain and the sweat -and it is worth it in the end.

With the help of good friends and family, and a God who will be by my side even when my friends and family cannot be, there is no telling what I can do!!

In life, I am capable of much more than I think I am. And so are you.

No comments:

Post a Comment