Friday, September 24, 2010

A little bit of this ... A little bit of that ...

-I am amazed at how the body heals itself. It's quite interesting to observe.

-Tonight I realized that my bottle of contact solution is almost empty, and was immediately disheartened, as it is 8 bucks a bottle. But within a few seconds, I remembered all of the bottles of solution that I got for FREE that are sitting there, waiting to be used!! Thanks, Carrie, for introducing me to couponing!!!!!! : ) No more wasting money!!

-When I was younger, I used to babysit. And when it would be bedtime, the children always asked for water. I never understood why a person could be thirsty right before bed, and always attested it to not wanting to go to sleep. But the last couple of months, I have experienced this thirst for myself. I drink about the same amount of water every day, and some days, I am super thirsty right before bed! It doesn't matter how much I drink, I am still thirsty! Does anyone know why this happens? I would really like to nip this habit in the behind before it goes any further, as this habit fills my bladder right before bed, and causes me to have to get out of bed when I don't want to. Let me know your thoughts for real this time, ok? No one left any on the last post I asked for comments on ... : )

2 comments:

  1. I think the whole thirsty before bedtime comes from the thought of having to get up from your nice comfy bed for a drink later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you are thirsty, your body is already dehydrated and is telling you to catch up on water. One of the best ways to alleviate getting up in the middle of the night is to drink more water throughout the day. This will help to hydrate you so that you won't be excessively thirsty when you're getting ready to go to bed.

    ReplyDelete